Monday, July 27, 2009

Sketching the imaginary

Being missed is a wonderful feeling. What isn’t wonderful - is missing a delicious dinner with best friends. Although, this happened some months ago, I’m still incrediblely touched by what my best friends did. At the beginning of this year, only weeks after returning to Australia, I logged onto Facebook to see I had been tagged in a photo. When I opened the link I was startled! There was a drawing of me. It was the most beautiful gesture anyone has ever done for me. The image was just like me, with coloured in blue eyes and pink lips. My good friends from the International Herald Tribune had cooked a feast and wanted to include me somehow. Even though I was a million miles away. There were photos of me at the table, eating desert and drinking wine! I felt like I was part of the action. At the time I was looking for a job in Sydney. So I spent many hours sitting in cafes jazzing up my resume. Every waiter that brought me coffee was privy to seeing these photos on Facebook. One guy liked it so much, he asked for my number! I want to thank my smart, generous and funny friends who truly are the best a girl could ask for!
My Girls! Me, Rosa*, Ciara.. xox

* Lil Rosa is out blogging herself at a rate of two - obviously all about food. That's my girl!
** Cuddly Ciara is a staff blogger here

No comments:

Post a Comment