Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Chuppah



















I created this chuppah for my sister and her husband Rob while I was living in Paris last year. I was inspired by the beautiful autumnal colours of France. I purchased all the fabrics from La Pigalle, which was luckily around the corner from my apartment in Montmartre. The chuppah symbolizes the home and life the couple will build together. For this reason I wanted to use the tree of life as a metaphor for something that will continue to blossom over time. I loved creating the holy canopy and bringing a personal touch to the day. I showed it to my sister a week before the wedding, but Rob only saw it on the day. I will always cherish the moment he looked up and lost his breath. Every month spent sewing, quilting and sourcing fabrics was worth it!

(This is one of the lovely warehouse type stores I purchased from http://www.tissus-reine.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment