Friday, April 2, 2010

100 Greatest Australian Gourmet Experiences


As a travel writer, for me there is no greater experience than loving something and sharing it with others. Point in case: The Aire Valley Guest House. Last year, my sister and I took a sisterly eco-road trip and made it as 'green' as possible. We hired a Toyota Prius, stayed only in eco-type accommodation and even wore eco-clothing. After all we are the GREENgarten Girls. We had the most wonderful time and I even wrote about it later for the lovely Australian Traveller magazine. I was privileged enough to be invited to the launch party for the issue (redesign), which was held at the Observatory. The highlight of my night, was meeting Peter. Russell. Clarke. A total flash back from the 80's. God love the man, he must be in his 70's, but boy is he a flirt! He had a gaggle of woman in their 20's surrounding him, reminiscing on his early days as a chef. As I left, I heard him say "G'day mate" to someone - Needless to say, I left smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment